Camp Alonim is part of the American Jewish University Family
Initially, the Brandeis Camp Institute was limited to a summer program for young adults age 18-26. In time, the Institute’s signature collegiate summer program was adapted for adults of all ages in the form of weekend retreats known as House of the Book Weekends. The summer camp, Camp Alonim, opened in 1953. The BBI facilities were also used – and continue to be used – year round for other youth and adult activities. These two dynamic institutions, which were running on parallel paths, were natural partners. When University of Judaism acquired the Brandeis-Bardin Institute in 2007, the American Jewish University was established, creating a thriving center of Jewish resources and talent built upon the values of Jewish Learning, Culture, Ethics, Leadership and Peoplehood.
Today, American Jewish University is one of the largest and most innovative Jewish institutions in the country, as a thriving center of Jewish resources and talent built upon the mission of Jewish Learning, Culture, Ethics, Leadership, and Peoplehood. In 2007, the University of Judaism merged with the Brandeis-Bardin Institute to create a landmark entity, American Jewish University, with two campuses, a single vision, and a shared future.
To learn more, visit AJU online at www.aju.edu.